So I'm watching Smallville right now and wondering how the writers can get away with completely making crap up. I mean, I know it's a superhero show, so people can fly and stop trains and shoot lasers out of their eyes and stuff like that. I accept that. I'm a big fan of superhero shows. Spiderman is the best, by the way. Anyway, even if it's a superhero show, if they're going to talk about something that is real and part of the real world, maybe they should do some research on it before they write dialogue using it. (Random note: The Blogger spellchecker keeps telling me dialogue is spelled wrong. I looked it up and it's right. Back to the story now.) I won't go into the technical details, but they're trying to talk about the radio spectrum. They compared narrow band and VHF modulation. One person got transported "to another frequency". Then they were going to bring him back by using triangulation, which is stupid on it's own right, but on top of that the triangulation was done from one machine. You would think at the least the "tri" at the beginning of the word would lead them to get the idea it needs three points to triangulate from. It's just stupid. It would have taken them five minutes to look up the phrases they were going to use before they made themselves look like idiots.
This whole episode is really bugging me. There are a lot of interesting things going on. The whole thing with Clark and the people from the phantom zone could be really cool. Good big battle opportunities. So of course the battles have been almost worthless. Instead they spend almost the whole episode dealing with this half thought out unresearched idea of a bad guy kidnapping Lex Luthor and the relationship between Lex and Lana. There's no real chemistry between the two on the screen. When you watch them they don't look like two people in love. It's a part of the show that doesn't work, so they should be shoving it into the background instead of spending half the season's episodes on it. We got 30 minutes tonight of Lana talking about how much she loved Lex and at the same time hinting about how little she trusts him. Oh, and him lying to her about everything. Then we get 15 minutes of Superman, the person the show is supposed to be about, looking around Seattle for some guy that we never found any real information about. Then before they really fight some other guy kills him and we see the other guy fly off. Our only hint about the guy? An oreo. Oh, and in the five seconds we see him at the end of the show he finds another oreo in his barn. Why do I even watch this show anymore? They'd better start bringing the good stuff back or I'm going to find a different show.
Paragraphs still need work.
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment